ads

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Streaming This Is My Love Online

This Is My Love (1954)This Is My Love (1954)iMDB Rating: 6.1
Date Released : 27 October 1954
Genre : Drama
Stars : Linda Darnell, Dan Duryea, Rick Jason, Faith Domergue
Movie Quality : HDrip
Format : MKV
Size : 700 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

Via, an unstable young woman, is stuck in a loveless marriage to a bitter, crippled man. When her younger sister pays a visit with her new boyfriend, Via sets her sights on the handsome young man.

Watch This Is My Love Trailer :

Review :

I love my love

This is my love the love I thought would be These are my tears that you will never see..."

an unheralded gem of a romantic melodrama. Not really noir - but not that far away either - and Linda Darnell is popping up this month...

As soon as Franz Waxman's lush score swelled up over the credits I knew this one would deliver - and I wasn't disappointed. Vida (Linda Darnell) is a "spinster" who slings hash in her Brother in Law's diner and is engaged to the world's most boring man. Into the diner wanders her fiancée's army buddy - foxy Rick Jason - a "gas station casanova", and when left alone together Rick comes on to her... she plays hard to get - so hard to get in fact that Rick turns to her married sister Evelyn (Faith Domergue) for comfort, and the stage is set for resentment, deceit, adultery, jealousy, sibling rivalry.. and murder. This one really deserves to be better known. I'm not sure whether the lurid greens and purples that dominate the colour scheme are symbolic of the jealousy and anger simmering below the surface, and mark out Stuart Heisler as an neglected auteur... or it was just a lousy print. Connie Russell sings the tune with lyrics as Darnell and Jason go out dancing. Dan Duryea is a bitter cripple. and Darnell is absolutely heartbreaking here - never knew she had it in her. Its everything I wanted from Douglas Sirk or late period Minnelli and never got. Absolutely delicious from start to finish and highly recommended. 9/10 (on my fourth watch now in one week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment