ads

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Streaming The Wild North (1952) Online

The Wild North (1952)The Wild North (1952)iMDB Rating: 6.6
Date Released : 19 December 1952
Genre : Adventure, Western
Stars : Stewart Granger, Wendell Corey, Cyd Charisse, Morgan Farley
Movie Quality : BRrip
Format : MKV
Size : 870 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

Jules Vincent, a happy-go-lucky, outgoing French Canadian trapper in the wild Northwest, befriends a beautiful Native American girl, and although he makes an enemy of bully Mike Brody, he agrees to travel with him. When Brody tries to kill them, Vincent kills him in self-defense. He is pursued by a by-the-book, idealistic Constable Pedley, who believes in the mounties' credo "we always get our man." The country is rugged and fraught with dangers like white water rapids, avalanches, wolf packs and desperadoes. After capturing Vincent, the inexperienced Mountie finds he is in no shape to get back to civilization without Vincent's help. Pedley is torn between fulfilling his duty and freeing the man who has saved his life.

Watch The Wild North Trailer :

Review :

Makes my Top 10 list for sure!

I saw this film when it came out in theatres back when I was a kid & when I saw it on TCM awhile ago, it still socked me right in the kisser with its breathtakingly beautiful cinematography, fast paced action, suspense, and wonderful characters. Stewart Granger is totally believable as the wanted fur trapper, Cyd Charrisse is as beautiful as I remember her, and Wendell Corey is fantastic as the stalwart Mountie who always gets his man. This movie is in my personal list of Top 10 favorite films...ever! I finally got to make a DVD of it from TCM the other night & I've watched it 5 times since then without ever getting tired of it. The closing scene...Wendell Corey in his RCMP costume with a tiny kitten on his shoulder & the snow covered mountains behind him is a picture that I will carry with me to my grave. Absolutely a film to be treasured by anyone who loves great movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment